Agency Title: Program Analyst (Responsible for Federal Grants and Contracts Compliance and Agency Billing)
Job ID: 17590
Open to: Public
Open period: June 8, 2022 – June 28, 2022
Job overview:The Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED) for the District of Columbia assists the Mayor in the coordination, planning, oversight, and execution of economic development efforts in the District of Columbia in the purpose of creating and preserving affordable housing, creating jobs, and increasing tax revenue. More information is available on the DMPED website at dmped.dc.gov. DMPED is looking for a Program Analyst for its Economic Intelligence and Interagency Unit (EIIA). The EIIA team is responsible for providing analytical information to inform economic development strategies, decisions and data-driven policy making. The team also manages inter-agency relationships and key projects to advance affordable housing, economic mobility and the overall economic recovery and growth strategy for DMPED.
Job Description :
The Program Analyst will support the department’s major grant projects by providing guidance and ensuring compliance with federal grant regulations 2 CFR 200 and serve as the lead for processing billing and entering procurement requests in the district’s automated supply system. A successful Program Analyst must be comfortable working with internal and external clients and taking initiative to manage and complete independent projects as assigned.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage the entry of supply requests into the district supply system.
- Work with Contracts, Procurement and Grants Manager and staff to ensure compliance with 2 CFR 200 Federal Grants and Contracts Compliance.
- Support compilation of DMPED submission of information for various DC City Council hearings.
- Conduct compliance analysis and high priority research projects to inform federal actions and decisions on grants and contracts.
- Represent the department in grant and contract policy working groups.
- Management of the submission of invoices by the agency’s suppliers.
- Drafting agency invoice management guidelines and policies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Law or Commerce preferred.
- At least 4-6 years of work experience in federal grant and contract compliance.
- Experience using the district’s ARIBA Purchasing Automated Support System (PASS).
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects from conception to completion.
- Desire to leverage skills to serve the public interest and support required local economic and community development.
- The candidate must be self-directed and results-oriented, with demonstrated experience in managing various projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to multi-task successfully and keep documents, files and other records organized.
- Ability to communicate succinct and compelling information from research and its relevance to agency decisions in a variety of media, including verbal, written and digital formats.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and with the ARIBA procurement platform.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret and communicate data.
Salary: This position is a grade 13 on the District Government Career Services pay scale. Salary ranges from $89,457 to $115,262, depending on funding. Actual salary is determined by a variety of factors, including years of experience, candidate qualifications, internal equity comparisons, and agency organizational structure.
Application process: This position is posted on the DC Government Department of Human Resources (DCHR) website. Interested candidates are encouraged to follow the steps below to apply for the position:
If you encounter technical problems, please contact DCHR at (202) 442-9700.