Tippecanoe County to Rebuild Bridges with Federal Grants | Community

0





A bridge on County Road 700 West, south of West Point, and a bridge on County Road 510 South, southwest of West Point, are to be rebuilt.




TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) – Tippecanoe County received two federal grants totaling five point one million dollars. Commissioner Tom Murtaugh says the plan is to redo two bridges.

A bridge on County Road 700 West, south of West Point, and a bridge on County Road 510 South, southwest of West Point, are to be rebuilt.

The subsidies only cover 80% of the cost of the bridges. The remaining 20% ​​of funding will come from the department.

The project will begin in 2027. The bridges are inspected annually and Murtaugh said they are safe to use until they are redone in about five years.

“These bridges will likely be closed for this full construction season,” Murtaugh told News 18. “There will be a detour, but it shouldn’t take more than one construction season.”

Contractors will be able to bid on the project in 2026. Work on the two bridges will be combined into one project.

If the cost of the project increases beyond the current estimate by the time bids come in, the county may have to pay more than the 20% it expects to complete the project.

Share.

Comments are closed.